Recently, Jens had his Jr. Prom. The whole family had a blast watching Jens ask a date (with Swedish Fish all over her room) get a response (with real goldfish in our tub) and prepare for the big event. At our highschool, Prom is huge and is laden with many traditions. All Juniors are pretty much required to attend, the community is invited to the "promenade" where each Jr. is introduced, baby pictures are shown on a big screen, and they perform a dance for everyone. A royalty is selected and then the Jr. is to dance the first dance with a parent. We were pretty much clueless to all of this when Rach went thru it, so we didn't even have a camera on us when she was crowned Jr. Prom Queen. We didn't know what a big deal it was! Anyway, much to Jens' dismay, we were armed with camera and camcorder for his night in the spotlight. He looked pretty sweet:

Here he is with his date, a girl from our ward...aren't they cute?!
Jens has never been one for extremes, and even though he looks classy in his tux, it is still pretty consevative, compared to what the other kids in his group were wearing:

Jens has always been very conservative. At least that's what I thought, ....until I came home from a little vacation last night, leaving Jens and Joe alone for roughly 36 hours. When I got back, this is what my "conservative" son looked like:
4 comments:
UMMMM, someone is in TROUBLE!
You just need to be creative every now and then, right Jens? Then you can return to your handsome self.
Woops, I forgot to tell Jens how handsome he looked at prom! Now there's a great-lookin' hair style if I've ever seen one!
ha ha! I think that is hilarious!
Post a Comment